For Parks ready Nature Cultural Grass (Grass Sod) Application And Maintenance Principles
What is ready nature cultural grass grass sod?
Ready grass; is a natural grass produced and harvested in our farms professionally with advanced imported seed varieties in rolls or various tile size.
What is the feature of grass sod?
It is a natural carpet, which can be laid in just few hours in your villa garden or sport pitch to a soft, clean and safe movement areas, able to form strong roots living with intense, vibrant and lush.
What is the difference between the grass seed application on lawns and grass sod application?
Application And Maintenance Features
A. LAND SURVEY
The first step in any green space arrangement is to survey the land. In this way the manner in which the plant material to be used is determined. It should be noted that the ecological requirements of each plant is different.
Key feature for healthy and bright
- a) Warm climate zone (Mediterranean, Aegean),
- b) Cool climate zone (Marmara, Anatolia, Black Sea).
2- Sowing areas
- Football pitches,
- Golf courses,
- Park and gardens,
- Shady places,
- Sea sides etc.
B. PREPARATIONS BEFORE INSTALLATION
1- Simple system for soil analyses (Soil wet)
- Loamy soil; dissipates when squeezed and left.
- Clay soil; Do not dissolve when squeezed and left.
- Sandy soil; Do not dissolve when squeezed and left.
2- Actions according the soil type
- If the soil has no adequate nutritional features, vegetative soil supplement, if the drainage is insufficient and coarse sand should be added.
- If the topsoil in your garden has excessive clay or is chalky, remove from the top 10-15 cm shave out.
- Fill the discharged space after leveled the soil ground with new and fertile soil.
3- Establishment of Infrastructure Systems
- Drainage system; Established for the excessed water which cannot flow away from shallow areas and can be drained under the earth system.
- Irrigation system; Sprinkler for watering of established lawns is the most ideal form.
4- Soil preparation
- To have a healthy garden before laying out the grass sod, process your garden to a depth of 10-15 cm and mix it up.
- Pick up the stones and weeds, level the ground with rake and compress with a small cylinder to provide a flat area.
- In your garden, to prevent accumulation of water after rain and irrigation give the flow direction inclination towards and away from the foundation. If there are much puddles, drainage system must be installed.
- Excavate the soil structure and create a flat surface to lay out the grass sod.
- Irrigate the lawn area and let rest it. So your garden soil will set better and the area for laying the grass sod will be more healthier..
- First requirement is to have a ground level at a depth suitable for the growth of plants (10 - 15 cm),weeds and stones should be cleaned out of the area.
5- Use of grass starter fertilizer
- In order to maintain turf density of healthy leaves and short roots hold the soil in a short time, applying fertilizers is of great importance in order to get out the nutrients the plant cannot get out of the soil.
- The British Seeds Fortify 9-23-14 or 18-24-12 Lawn Starter fertilizer can be used 2-3 days before on the first bottom cover with a thickness of - 10 cm or while assembling by spreading.
- Start with laying promptly after received the product.
- Irrigate the laid sods are within 30 minutes
- Gras sod is alive and in order to survive healthy it needs moisture
- Stock is alive and healthy lawn needs contact with the ground and moisture.
- In hot weather to protect the grass, which was not laid on the ground, keep them in the shade or an air pervious cover.
- Do not use air-impermeable nylon as cover
- Start with laying on the longest edge of the garden
- Lift the ends and edges of the sod and compress the sod ground.
- Please take care of that no gaps are between the sods and do not overlap them.
- Lay rolls in masonry shape.
- Make placement in the corners and short edges with a sharp knife.
- During trim around the edges and in the corners, take care not to leave small parts because small parts cannot hold the moisture and will dry.
- Mount the rolls in prone areas in the direction perpendicular to the slope
- To prevent air gaps and the shift of the rolls do not walk during the installation and immediately after irrigation on the new laid rolls.
- After mounting lawn, apply in the whole garden roller. So the grass / ground contact can be recovered and can prevent air gaps.
- The average lawn size should be 4cm. For this, a good working mover with sharp blades required.
- According to the statistical data and experiences cutting may be done at least every 2 days in fall (September-October-November) and spring (March-April-May).
- This cutting frequency may be reduced in winter and summer means cool and warm seasons.
- In the warm season (April-September) in 2-3 depth cm under the grass, moisture should at least be slightly. Within the framework of these principles, the frequency of irrigation during too hot seasons may sometimes 2 or even 3 on a day. Lawn maintenance gardeners should examine this issue carefully and continuously.
- Depending on the terms of the region in the cold season statistically (November-March) you will not need irrigation.
- In the practice an intensive use for 1 week on the application area should be avoided.
- It is recommended to aloofness of dogs especially in the newly finished area for 1 week, because of animals feces on the lawn area due to transport of acidic property the toilet should not be allowed to be made.